Creamy Garlic Spinach Soup
|Fresh Spinach||1/2 kg|
|Chicken/ vegetable stock||3 cups|
|Heavy cream||1 cup|
|Salt & pepper||to taste|
|Browned garlic flakes to garnish|
1) Wash spinach thoroughly, shred with a knige and set aside.
2) Heat butter in a large soup pot and cook onion until tender.
3) Add chicken stock and diced potatoes. COok on medium heat for 30 mins. If you like, allow the potatoes to disintegrate or crush them as they cook.
4) Add minced garlic and spinach; simmer for another 10 mins.
5) Add the cream.(Note: Do not subsitute milk it will make soup weak.) Be sure to heat without boiliing.
6) In a small bowl, add half cup of the soup to 2 egg yolks in a stream whisking, taking care not to curdle the yolks by adding the hot soup too quickly.
7) Add the whisked mixture back into the soup pot, stirring constantly until the soup is thickened. Do not boil.
8) Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat, swirl in remaining butter and serve immediately, garnished with brown garlic flakes.
Vegetarian Option: Avoid Egg yolks and use vegetable stock instead of chicken.