|Yellow lentil||1/2 cup|
|Apple, pared, cored & sliced||1|
|Curry Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Celery, diced||1/2 stalk|
|Coconut milk||1 cup|
|Salt & pepper||to taste|
|Boiled rice and a slice of lemon to garnish|
1) Wash lentil, soak in abundant water and set aside for half an hour.
2) Melt butter in an wide open pan, saute curry powder till its raw flavour disappears.
3) Strain lentil and add to pan together with onion, carrot, celery, apple and cook until lentil is tender.
4) Add mace, cloves, parsley salt and pepper.
5) Cover and simmer for about 45 mins.
6) Take off flame and pulverize in a blender.
7) Fold in coconut milk, put back on flame and bring to boil again.
8) Strain and serve, garnished with boiled rice and slice of lemon.