An Interjection is a word that expresses a sudden feeling such as anger, fear, worry, joy, happiness, surprise, pain or pleasure or agreement with just a word or two. They have no grammatical relation to the rest of the sentence.
Often exclamation point (!) is used after interjections.
For Example :-
Definition of Interjections in English
The term inteere' which means 'to cast'. Thus ,the word interjection means 'thrown among' the words in a sentence.
List of Interjections
|Ah||triumph, surprise, ridicule|
A: aah, aha, ahem, ahh, ahoy, alas, arg, aw
B: bam, bingo, blah, boo, bravo, brrr
C: cheers, congratulations
D: dang, drat, darn, duh
E: eek, eh, encore, eureka
F: fie, fiddlesticks
G: gadzooks, gee, gee whiz, golly, goodbye, goodness, good grief, gosh
H: ha-ha, hallelujah, hello, hey, hmm, holy buckets, holy cow,
holy smokes, hot dog, huh?, humph, hurray
O: oh, oh dear, oh my, oh well, oops, ouch, ow
P: phew, phooey, pooh, pow
S: shh, shoo
T: thanks, there, tut-tut
U: uh-huh, uh-oh, ugh
W: wahoo, well, whew, whoa, whoops, wow
Y: yay, yeah, yes, yikes, yippee, yo, yuck
Ah, there you are!
Bravo! we won the match.
Oh dear! You must take care of yourself.
Whew, that was close.
Shh! It's a library.
Aah! The monster's got me!
Ahh, now I see what you mean.
Aww! Just look at that kitten.
Bingo! That's exactly what we were looking for!
So that was all she said, eh?
Eww! That movie was so gory.
Oops! Sorry I didn't see those skates there.
Ouch, that hurt! Stop pinching me!
Whew! I can't believe we actually finished it all.
- Parts of Speech
- Plural Nouns
- Learn English Verbs Learn Verbs in all the three forms
- 1000 Verbs with its forms
- 200 Irregular Verbs with its forms
- Phrasal Verbs A-Z Auxiliaries
- Degree of Comparison
- The Power of Punctuation
- Punctuation Rap Learn Tenses
- Learn Verb Forms Articles Active And Passive Voice
- Common Errors in English Usage
- Academic / Business Vocabulary
- More than 1000 One Word Substitution
- Interesting Etymologies : Word Origins
- List of Abbreviations
- 4000 Most Common English Words
- British English / American English
- Common Misspelled Words
- Verbs, Nouns, Adjectives & adverbs
- English Jokes
- Do you Know?
- Important Spellings Rules
- Tongue Twisters
- English Collocations