An Interjection is a word that expresses a sudden feeling such as anger, fear, worry, joy, happiness, surprise, pain or pleasure or agreement with just a word or two. They have no grammatical relation to the rest of the sentence.
Often exclamation point (!) is used after interjections.
For Example :-
Definition of Interjections in English
The term inteere' which means 'to cast'. Thus ,the word interjection means 'thrown among' the words in a sentence.
List of Interjections
|Ah||triumph, surprise, ridicule|
A: aah, aha, ahem, ahh, ahoy, alas, arg, aw
B: bam, bingo, blah, boo, bravo, brrr
C: cheers, congratulations
D: dang, drat, darn, duh
E: eek, eh, encore, eureka
F: fie, fiddlesticks
G: gadzooks, gee, gee whiz, golly, goodbye, goodness, good grief, gosh
H: ha-ha, hallelujah, hello, hey, hmm, holy buckets, holy cow,
holy smokes, hot dog, huh?, humph, hurray
O: oh, oh dear, oh my, oh well, oops, ouch, ow
P: phew, phooey, pooh, pow
S: shh, shoo
T: thanks, there, tut-tut
U: uh-huh, uh-oh, ugh
W: wahoo, well, whew, whoa, whoops, wow
Y: yay, yeah, yes, yikes, yippee, yo, yuck
Ah, there you are!
Bravo! we won the match.
Oh dear! You must take care of yourself.
Whew, that was close.
Shh! It's a library.
- Parts of Speech
- Plural Nouns
- Learn English Verbs Learn Verbs in all the three forms
- 1000 Verbs with its forms
- 200 Irregular Verbs with its forms
- Phrasal Verbs A-Z Auxiliaries
- Degree of Comparison
- The Power of Punctuation
- Punctuation Rap Learn Tenses
- Learn Verb Forms Articles Active And Passive Voice
- Common Errors in English Usage
- Academic / Business Vocabulary
- More than 1000 One Word Substitution
- Interesting Etymologies : Word Origins
- List of Abbreviations
- 4000 Most Common English Words
- British English / American English
- Common Misspelled Words
- Verbs, Nouns, Adjectives & adverbs
- English Jokes
- Do you Know?
- Important Spellings Rules
- Tongue Twisters
- English Collocations