Avgolemono (Egg-Lemon) Soup
|Orzo Rice||100 gms|
|Salt & pepper||to taste|
|Lemon peel and a sprig of parsley to garnish|
1) Place cleaned chicken in a large pot of salted water and stew for apporximately 1 1/2 hours until tender.
2) Remove chicken from pot. Strain and transfer broth to a clean pot and bring to boil again.
3) Add Orzo rice and cook until tender.
4) Squeeze lemon and put juice aside.
5) Beat eggs thoroughly with 1/4 cup water then slowly add lemon juice.
6) COuntinue beating and gradually add hot broth from the soup until egg mixture is warm.
7) Add the arm egg mixture to the rest of the soup, stirring briskly as you doo.
8) Garnish with lemon peel and sprig of parsley and serve.