Moroccan Chicken Stew Soup
|Chicken, boneless cubes||250 gms|
|Olive Oil||2 tbs|
|Burgundy or dry red wine||1 cup|
|Prunes, pitted and halved||5|
|Dried apricots, cut into strips||5|
|Green olives, sliced||8|
|Bay leaf||500 gms|
|Ground cumin||1/2 tsp|
|Dried whole thyme||1/4 tsp|
|Red pepper, ground||1/2 tsp|
|Assorted char- gilled vegetables and fresh herbs to garnish.|
1) Heat olive oil over medium in a wide - mouth pan.
2) Add chicken cubes, browning on all sides, remove, drain well and set aside.
3) Saute (fry briefly over high heat) onion and garlic for a min.
4) Add wine and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
5) Cover and reduce heat; simmer for half an hour or until chicken is tender.
6) Take off flame, discard bay leaf, check seasoning.
7) Serve hot, garnished with char-grilled vegetables and fresh herbs.